Thursday, October 1, 2015

Staying at Home with Little Man

I can not believe that people say staying at home is easy. Yes it is incredible however there are days when I don't get lunch made, dinner on the table, errands ran or even a shower because my little man doesn't feel good and wants to be held. I can not let him cry it out it breaks my heart. I tend to my son when he cries. Someone told me it is smothering, but I say it is tending to my son and giving him the secure factor that if something is wrong Mom will be there.

I would not trade staying home for anything. I get to experience all of Lincolns milestones and have dinner on the table for working Daddy almost every night. The crock pot and the barbeque are my favorite. The crock pot I can get ready the night before when Daddy is holding little man or I can do it during the morning nap and it is ready when Daddy comes home. I like the barbeque because it is fast, when it is 4 o'clock and I realize I could nothing accomplished all day I can pull out burgers and a veggie and it takes a short amount of time. All other meals I have some ready the night before and pop in oven when it is time. I try really hard to not eat fast food. I have eaten fast food about once a month or on road trips. I still need to loose baby weight. loosing 20 pounds in a month is good but I still have a lot to go.  Any suggestions Mama's?
 
Does anyone else make homemade wipes?
 
I take 10 minutes every week and make wipes, they are healthy, I know what does into them. They do not have scary recalls that there is a bad chemical in them. It is simple I just use containers with a lid cut viva paper towels in half.
Grab a small pot, put 2/3 cup water and let it boil.
than add 2 tablespoons baby oil, and 2 tablespoons baby soap(I use different ones for scent)
4 drops lavender oil, 5 drops gentle baby oil (young living brand)
mix together over heat and pour over paper towels.
Cover for 5 minutes, than turn over for 5 minutes.
Than turn back over and remove the cardboard tube. (don't do this before it or it a mess)
Than they are ready to use when cool and smell wonderful.
 
 
I hope everyone is enjoying their S's Season. I love sweatshirt, smores, stroller-rides, and snuggles.. I am loving mine!!
Tomorrow's Adventure is homemade baby food, that is healthy for my baby.
 
 
XOXO Whitney
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment