Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pictures and Baby Food

I Love family pictures. I like getting dressed up and having someone take pictures to remember forever. Even if I still have weight to loose from having Lincoln I will be glad I have them someday. Jayce was not impressed but he did it with a smile. Soon there will be cute family, daddy son, mommy son and a lot of Lincoln. They are fall and I am really excited to see them.  There is nothing like waiting until the day of pictures to go shopping for outfits right? Busy Mom. But we all had the same colors on and we got the cutest baby pictures on Lincoln I can embarrass him later in life, Because every Mom does it.
 
Here is one of many adorable outfits of my guy, just for Daddy!
 
 
If I have not said it already I love staying home with my little Lincoln. I get to make baby food that does not have added bad stuff. As I am typing this I am making Pumpkin. My house smells wonderful with cooked pumpkin going on. It was super simple. 
 
PUMPKIN BABY FOOD
I washed the pumpkin in the bathtub because it was big and no hose
I turned my oven on the 350
I cleaned the inside the pumpkin
I separated the seeds for a later roasting
I made my muscle man cut the pumpkin directly in half
I set out the biggest baking sheet I have and laid 1/2 the pumpkin on it
This is the first time I am doing this so the research I have done says 30-45 min whole pumpkin
but since I bought a pumpkin big enough for Lincoln to fit into I did 1/2 and am checking on it in 30.
I then peeling the skin off (super easy) and put the pumpkin goodness in my magic bullet add water and made baby food. I put some in my fridge and I put the rest in breast milk freezer bags. (I know they are freezer safe and small.
 
Avocado baby food
I cut the avocado in half, take the pit out
clean the goodness out of it and just mashed it with a fork until no lumps and really mushy.
Lincoln hates Avocado, I think it is because Momma hate it for nine months. We will try again in the near future.
 
Banana Baby Food,
Lincolns Favorite
I peel a banana and in a bowl then mush it with a fork until baby food consistently, Lincoln will eat a 1/2 of a banana in 5 min and want more so he gets Mommas milk. His Favorite.
 
Carrot baby Food
I peel and cut both ends off, chop in pieces,
I just do it depending on what pot I am using.
boil until super tender (until you can break with a plastic fork)
Put in magic bullet and away we go, I either add more water or breast milk to make it baby food ready.
 
Mashed Potatoes,
Everyone knows how to make mashed potatoes with no skin
so I do that and before I mash I add breast  milk and make baby food.
 
 
All of these are super easy and healthy and can be stored in freezer in breast milk storage bags.  When I wont to reheat I turn on my electric tea pot and then sit the bag in hot water because the microwave isn't good for you either!!!
 
 
Have a good night
 
xoxo Whitney
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment