Sunday, October 4, 2015

I hope you like pumpkin.

Yesterday I cooked a whole pumpkin (Lincoln could fit into the pumpkin). Well it made at least 50 cups. So I froze 1/2 of the pumpkin for Lincolns baby food. Then I was like what do I do with the rest of this pumpkin so I looked threw my recipe books and online and decided to make Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Spice Eggnog(non alcoholic), A day of baking is what this Mama needed, not to mention Daddy let me sleep in until noon after being up most of the night with Lincoln.
 
Pumpkin spice Eggnog
It taste like pumpkin pie in a cup
I took 8 eggs and separated them.
I beat the egg white until frothy, added 1/3 cup sugar and beat until frothy again
In a different bowl I added egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 t Cinnamon, 1/4 t all spice, mix that together. Than I added 3 cup milk, 2 plus a little extra heavy cream, (you can add 2 cup rum or brandy but I am breastfeed so I did not). I folded all of that goodness together than I carefully folded in the egg white into egg yellow mixture. added more cinnamon and it was heaven in a glass.
 
My pumpkin bread recipe
I cant hand this recipe out because I am still tweaking it. But I am making a few batches for special people in our lives.
 
Lincoln loves his pumpkin baby food. he always signs more more more. I am happy I can give him a lot and it is healthy.
 
Jayce has been watching football all day while I bake and taking care of Lincoln. He is a wonderful! I think the Broncos and the Falcons will be in the super bowl!! Mommy and Daddys favorite teams, whatever will Lincoln do?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment