Saturday, December 16, 2017

London Harper birth Story


A letter to my daughter on her as her first Birthday approches!
December 21st 2016, Mommy had a check up for you and me at 37 weeks 5 days. The doctor took my blood pressure and realized it was getting dangerous like it was with big brother. Brother and Mommy had a rough start to life so we did not want that to happen again. The doctor quickly moved me to a ultrasound room and measured you to make sure you big enough and by her calculations you were weighing in at almost 6 1/2 pounds. She looked at me and said it is possible we will have to induce so you do not have a bad delivery or labor or recovery like with your big brother. She said it was safe to induce because you were big enough. She said she would be right back. I quickly texted your daddy and said it might be time to have a baby girl. The doctor came back in and handed me paperwork that said STAT all over it in bright red letters. She said go to the lab right now get this stuff done and I will call you the second I get the results. I left called Daddy and gave him the news drove straight to the lab.

At the lab place there were at least 10 people in front of me. I handed the papers to the +receptionist. She stood up and said we have a STAT. A lab lady came out and said come with me. As I was getting dirty looks by the line of people waiting, they drew my blood had me pee in a cup and said the doctor would call you.
Last Picture with you on the inside

 I left the lab called daddy and the grandparents. And drove to get big brother. About two hours had past and Mommy's phone rang. The doctor asked me some questions about how I was feeling and some symptoms I was having. She gave me 2 options, She was leaving town on Saturday and could induce me in the morning at 7 am. or i could wait one more week, come in everyday to get checked up and have the doctor on call do it. I decided to have my doctor do it in the morning since she new all the history and delivered your brother too. I called Daddy and let him know.

The next morning, Grandpa Brent came over at 6 am to get your brother and the puppy.  Daddy and I went to the hospital. Family came, things were happening. Daddy does not do well in hospitals at all. He left to let Grandma and Grandpa in our house who came from Idaho to meet you. Two hours later everyone was back at the hospital. People came in closed the windows and turned off the lights. Mommy was very mad because she wanted to day light giving birth. Everyone was yelling at me to take a nap but it was not going to happen being in labor. Daddy and grandparents left to get lunch so mommy could "nap". Grandma Erin and Aunt Haley stayed with me, I was 6 CM so whatever go get lunch.

Things went really fast after that. Something felt very funny inside mommy.  Nurses were in and out. I looked at Grandma and said I yelled to get Daddy back here now. The nurse looked at Grandma and I and said she is complete. Daddy made it back with little time. A lot of family watched you come into the world and like five pushes you were out. So in 44 Minutes mommy went from a 6 to you were out!

Mommy was so happy she could hold and just look at you and love you since she didn't get to do that with brother. You laid on Mommy for awhile and then I let Daddy have a turn. You came into the world December 22 at 448 pm weighing 5 pounds and 1 Ounce. Mommy had the most incredible experience with you. It was fast and you staying in my room all night and mommy and daddy were so happy. Everyone came and met you. You were under the hospital weight guidelines to going home in the morning. We had to stay 24 full hours after you were born and you had to do a car seat test for 90 minutes since you were so little. you passed and at 5 pm we left.  Grandma Carrie gave mommy the best gifts ever doing all the cooking and cleaning for a week so I could cuddle you and your brother.

Your bother didn't was not sure about you at first, but trust me he loves you. 


This past year went by way faster then your brothers first year. You definitely gave your daddy and I grey hairs the several times you were hospitalized for breathing problems, and that very scary time I had to call 911 because you were breathing funny.  But you have taught us so much. You are the best little Sister, and Daughter. You made our family complete and we Love you so very much. We love watching you grow everyday. Your going to take off walking any day and I am sure running shortly after that.


You eat everything in sight, that probably why you out weigh brother











 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER!!


No comments:

Post a Comment