Monday, April 24, 2017

I am a Mom, a Wife, A nanny, A housekeeper, A chef, A nurse, A teacher, A friend, before I am Whitney.


I get told all the time that I am crazy or insane Or why do you where work out clothes everyday. Some of these comments really bother me. (It has been proven time and time again that if stay at home moms get paid it would be a 80,000 yearly pay). These comments sometimes cut me pretty deep and while I do my best to remain positive - they still bug me. It basically said 'I wish I got to stay at home all day and exercise with my child, instead I have to go to work and do WORK...' Work?! You think I don't WORK?! Like being a nanny and a mother is not a job?? I have 5 under 3 almost every day. You think I sit at home all day and twiddle my thumbs? You think having 3 toddlers and 2 babies just let me kick my feet up all day after I've done my morning workout? You think I'm beaming with energy? Just to break it down... I exercise for 20-30 minutes a day at home doing yoga. And let me tell you it is pretty much impossible. I rarely have someone not touching me or needing cuddles or milk. Sometimes stopping 20 times throughout to fetch toys, bring food, telling them stop hair pulling, break up fights over toys and some days, stopping 2 minutes in because it just ain't happening that day! Other days we're so busy or the boys are so CLINGY / CRANKY  the best workout I can get in is running up and down the stairs doing laundry, changing diapers, potty training the two year old or making the three year old go potty or while they eat or while we practice new words, counting, or all the body parts we've learn and those abc's.  I certainly do not spend all day exercising. I just take care of 5 tiny humans that I don't have time to change my clothes or wash my hair. My days are spent changing shitty diapers, dealing with tantrums, playing cars and trucks, making food that gets thrown on the floor before it's even tasted, walking around the block with 5 kids and a dog, trying to make grumpy children nap, attempting to teach four little humans to SHARE instead of bite, pull hair, scratch or push each other. And breastfeeding the infant, singing the alphabet, going for adventures to keep the boys happy, vacuuming 3 times a day because of all that food that I worked so hard to cook wasn't even considered eating, or the dog has more hair on the floor then on herself, oh and did I mention the constant battle of playing referee ALL day between 4 little cheeky monkey boys that guess what do not just play happily and entertain each other all day! For the record, toddlers don't do that!!! Maybe when they're older, yes! I hope so anyway ~ but for now, no. And I also suppose the kitchen gets cleaned all day by itself after every meal. And the bathrooms get cleaned everyday since a three and two year old boy don't know how to aim right (or my husband). How about a pantry that fills itself ??...(I wish). I don't think so,, that's right on the rare occasion I just have my two children we go to the grocery store. Do you know how hard it is for me to load up two kids in a cart and groceries? The four month old still needs to sit in infant car seat and the toddler still needs to sit in basket since he falls if in big area. So the infant carries goes inside the cart and the toddler sits in the basket, Leaving no room for groceries. So I either need two carts by myself or use all my left over energy to go when dad gets home every night. {{If I could figure out away to make a toddler seat with a spot on carts for infant carrier I could be a millionaire}}. So asking me why I wear work out clothes everyday or why don't you where make up everyday comments bug me. Or why don't you get ready you cant go out like that.

I am very fortunate to have a passion for childcare. And I have wonderful friends that entrust in me with their babies. My main goal of the day is to make 5 tiny humans happy before my own needs. Then my husband comes into the picture. It is my job as a stay at home parent while he works to wash his work clothes and make him lunch and dinner, or run his errands. So yes I look like a hot mess most days. But at the end of the day the tiny humans do not care what I look like as long as they are fed, changed and happy. I have a wonderful husband who thinks I look beautiful everyday.  You may think I am crazy or insane or think I just let myself go but I also think you are crazy for looking perfect everyday. Your comments wont change the way I go along with my day after all I am a Mom, a Wife, A nanny, A housekeeper, A chef, A nurse, A teacher, A friend, before I am Whitney.

No comments:

Post a Comment