Thursday, December 1, 2016

I come from a family where gravy is a beverage!

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I survived cooking my first thanksgiving. I loved every minute of it.  It was a small gathering of family but we watched football and ate until we could not eat anymore. For the first turkey I ever cooked it fell right off the bone when my husband and father went to carve it. it was delicious. I hope I can do that again next year.  My grandfather made the gravy, no matter how many times I watch him or listen to his instructions my gravy is never as good as his! And gravy is a staple at thanksgiving it goes over the turkey, stuffing, tators, good for roll dipping. I am glad I cooked the pies the day before. I had almost all of my food prep ready so I sort of relaxed the morning of thanksgiving. I somehow survived my first thanksgiving without watching the parade, my husband wouldn't let me, his football was on. Because ladies we all know football before everything else in the world!!! Some people say you marry a man like your father, well my father is very hard working and a die hard football fan, well my husband is a very hard worker and can not function without his football. Pre game show, the show, then the after show, and the day after show, I mean they all say the same thing but just incase he watches it!!  Lincoln slept right over dinner we saved him a turkey leg though and he has zero interest in anything but black olives and jell-o. Well at least he ate something.
He sure looked cute with his little gobbler shirt and mow hawk.



If only I could get him to smile


Here is Lincoln eating Olives, but only the black ones!



Here are some pictures of my table. Along with the flowers my great grandmother sent!
Everyone eats the same things on thanksgiving so there are no pictures of food.  




 And yes we used paper plates the less dishes the better!
Lincoln was to tired for turkey when everyone else ate. But when he woke up I gave him a little bit of everything but he must of been full on olives.

After the food comma pictures.


  The next day I was very thankful for my husband I slept all night and for most of the day. We had moved into our house, had the wedding, then thanksgiving and I guess everything was done and my pregnant body knew it. Now to Christmas and then New Years and then to meet our baby girl! Hopefully in that order. We still can not decide on her name maybe once she is here we will finally figure it out. Or we will just call her baby girl. After our guests had left on thanksgiving Lincoln and I decorated the Christmas tree. It was magical to watch him! He handed me every ornament out of the box. It is true what older generations say,, the holidays are even more incredible when you have your own children. This year Lincoln will be able to get the stuff out of his stocking and I am trying to teach him how to say ho ho ho.



It is a lot of fun decorating with kids,  I really try hard to refrain from fixing the bottom of the tree. I have obsessive Christmas ornament placement disorder.


 
I think it turned out pretty awesome! Lincoln put his big brother ornament on the tree and then took his diaper off and ran around so I took advantage of a cute baby butt picture. He might hate me when he is older for all the pictures but I just think it is too cute not to pass up.
 
SHUSSSSSHHH don't tell my husband but something other than Falcons memorabilia is on his shelves. Maybe he wont notice.. Wishful thinking I know, but we don't have a fire place and I like my stocking hung. Its only 4 weeks out of 52 I think he will survive.
 
Having a house means you can hang Christmas lights, too bad I am 8.5 months pregnant. So next year I will get out onto the ladder outside and hang them up. But for now I can look out my sons room and see our street of lights! Or Maybe I can talk my husband into hanging some outside!! Wish me Luck I am the decorator in the house!
 
 
This year I am extremely thankful for my little family!
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!
 
 I am going to enjoy the last month of Lincoln being my only Baby even though he is already a year and half!
 
  Much Love Whitney

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment